Saturday, March 9, 2013

Beer reviews 3/9/13

I recognize the following:

First from Lagunitas is "WTF". I don't call the style but it's good.

Alaska Brewing Company "Freeride" is an American Pale Ale.

A whole bunch of new breweries are popping up in MN. One brew is "Hotbox" from Indeed Brewing. It's a pepper smoked porter.

Last is "Amuste" by O'Dells and one of my new favorites. It's a porter with grape peels aged in pino barrels. I think you'll like them all.

In answer to a question in the comments, No my friend, I've never tried any of the beer in North Carolina. But I'll be certain to in the future."

1 comment:

Jason said...

Useless trivia: NC has the highest number of breweries per capita in the nation. Once the ABV limit was raised to 15% (from 6% previously), the dams burst and we now have some mighty fine beers. Still can't get Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA here, but a quick trip to VA can accomplish that.

Anyway, good NC breweries include Lonerider, Duck Rabbit, Foothills and Highland. If you ever get a chance to try them, you'll probably be pleased.