Thursday, May 23, 2013

My thoughts on tattoos.

Christ is Risen!

I still don't have time to blog. My thoughts on them: I don't like them. I personally know quite a few people who have them and they run the gamut. Military types like Cavey have them. Coptic Christians have them as some cultural indicator. Hawaiians and other cultures have them. That said, even though people I love and respect have them, I don't care for them. I really don't like them on women because it sends a message. That message is of desperation when I see a middle aged women with a new tramp stamp.

Therefore I present this articleon the subject from a self-described 23-year-old who is already an old fogey. I haven't read this bright young man's full blog yet, therefore I can't tell if he belongs to either an Orthodox jurisdiction, the Anglican one, or the Roman one. I do like what I see so far. Oh to be that young again. I had a lot more time to write.

2 comments:

JTO Editor Nathan Lee Lewis said...

The link to the article is broken.

Steve Hayes said...

I tried to go to the blog you linked to, but was told that it was private, and I could only read it by invitation. But tattooing seems to be similar to branding, which also seems to be an obsessions. I had a rant about it on my blog here Goodbye Blogfrog | Hayes & Greene family history, and another blogger had something interesting to say about it here: Pithless Thoughts: Branded.